This 3-Minute Drill troubleshoots a typical municipality’s information challenges as it strives to meet its Open Government commitment.
Chances are the documents you need are hard to find and are hard to validate because:
- They’re in different departments, scattered all across the city;
- They’re in different computer systems; and
- As often as not, they’re on paper in a file folder / in a cabinet or a box / on a shelf or in a hallway / located who-knows-where.
- AND – the number of requests you are receiving is skyrocketing.
Despite your best efforts, you’re likely feeling that “the harder I work, the behinder I get.”
Fixing this requires close collaboration with IT and the other City departments. The process is complex, but it’s proven and includes a focused mix of, among other things:
- Metadata management;
- Process mapping;
- Microservices; and
- Ongoing communication (which sometimes is the hardest part).
Watch the video for more – and then ping us to lend a hand!