Here at Holly Group, we spend a lot of time talking about how important it is to get as much value as possible from not only your information technology, but from your information as well. And not for nothing, this goes a lot further than receiving “more bang for the buck,” for the issue runs far deeper than just “money spent vs. money saved.”
Years of research and client experience have convinced us – and our clients – that while the “usual suspects” of ROI and TCO have their place, they don’t go far enough when it comes to determining how truly meaningful a smart systems decision can be to your organization’s success – and they don’t lead anywhere in terms of helping you treat information as an asset.
Overcoming these shortcomings is what our Methodology for Deriving Maximum Total Value® (MAXTV®) is all about.
The 8 Facets of Maximum Total Value®
MAXTV® was developed out of decades of consulting engagements that consistently exposed the same set of success factors for information management. These certainly include traditional economic measures like ROI and TCO, but there are 8 others that are almost always ignored despite being far more important drivers:
In terms of your information technology, these factors are:
- Culture: the attitude toward, commitment to, and reinforcement of information management best practices “from the boardroom to the mailroom”
- Process: the ability to help your people work better
- Collaboration: the ability to help your people work better together
- Technology: the alignment and optimization of a systems architecture that supports your business objectives
In terms of your information, these factors are:
We use the graphic at right to illustrate the MAXTV® framework, and we use it to inform everything we do, from organizational maturity modeling to program planning to vendor evaluation and selection.
This universality sets us apart from other firms in that we apply a consistent and comprehensive structure to your thorniest issues. Piecemeal perspectives may be all right for others, but not for us – and certainly not for our clients!
Benefits of MaxTV®
Our methodology for deriving Maximum Total Value unlocks your potential to achieve a long list of benefits that range far beyond simple dollars and cents. Among these are optimizing your ability to:
- Make a quick and quality solutions-buying decision
- Implement on-time and on-budget
- Treat your critical information as a core organizational asset
- “Future-proof” yourself by deriving constant and significant business value from your information and information technology
Contact us today to learn more about how this all works, and how you can start taking immediate advantage!